ICEbear JTAG adapter
The ICEbear adapter is a cost effective and stable development tool for
flash programming or debugging mainly Blackfin based hardware.
It is simply connected to the programming PC via an USB 2.0 cable. It is powered by a popular JTAG chip designed made by the well known company FTDI LTD. Its power is unveiled by a set of optimized software tools listed below.
- Support for Linux (32/64 bit), Windows 2000/NT/XP. Please see Software page for details.
- High speed downloads, typical 120 kB/s up to 1MB/s (ICEbearPlus).
- Fast flash programming (up to 100 kB/s). See BFloader in the Software section
- Loading and debugging of executables. Debugger support: GDB, Insight (Graphical debugger)
- Well suited for standalone development and kernel debugging
- Supports Xilinx and Lattice FPGA programming (see XC3SPROG)
- Automated system testing (memory tests, own applications)
- Proof for production environment. Quite a few medical and automotive suppliers use the ICEbear (references on request)
- Add-on packages (Python Scripting) on request
|Supported CPUs (in brackets: CPU types
that are compatible, but not extensively tested):
Special functionality available on request:
- ADSP-BF50x on request (1.51 developer beta)
- ADSP-BF51x (v1.5 release)
- ADSP-BF533, BF531, (BF532) , ADSP-BF534
- ADSP-BF536, BF537, BF539, BF539F4 (BF538)
- ADSP-BF561 dual core
- ADSP-BF592 (v1.5 release)
- Multi device chain support (Xilinx, ADI, etc., ICEbear Plus only)
Well tested and supported platforms:
- SHARC 2116X (Boundary Scan/Flash tool)
- ARM-Support via OpenOCD
- Generic boundary scan solution
- Hardware-Testing via Boundary Scan
- Embedded ICEbear: License our software to run on your embedded target directly.
The ICEbear basically works on all platforms with ADI compatible
JTAG connectors that are designed according to Analog Devices'
application note EE-68.
- EZKIT Lite ADSP-BF533, BF527, BF537, BF548 and BF561
- STAMP BF533/537
- SRV-1 Robot core module (www.surveyor.com)
- CM-BF527/533/537/561(v1 and v2) from Bluetechnix
Note that the ICEbear is not
supported by Visual DSP as a debug target.
You can use the ICEbear in conjunction with VDSP with constraints:
- Fast flash programming of binary LDR files (use 'binary LDR' option in VDSP)
- Assembly debugging VDSP code via GDB
It is also possible to use the ICEbear with various OpenSource tools, however, we can not provide support for that. See this website for more information
[ Download Manual
] [ Download Software ] [ Get Support
|Status notes / current news|
|2.3.2015: End of life of ICEbearPlus end of 2015: read more.
|Last Call: ICEbear units will be sold and supported for legacy customers until further notice.
The ICEbearPlus JTAG adapter has the following software support:
- All functionality from the ICEbear classic package
- Standard customer support via email and forum
- Limited support for multiple device JTAG chains. Please contact us for special custom hardware support packages
Lead times of up to four weeks apply, please also note minimum order quantity of two units. Please use the order form for requests.